The International Journal of Health Professions JHP
- is a scientific open-access journal
- publishes original articles (studies, reviews, theoretical, and methodological topics) after subjecting them to the peer review process
- publishes articles in German or English. Title, keywords, and abstract are published in both languages
- has three editors in chief, one each from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- focuses on interdisciplinary and interprofessional topics from health professions and health system in research, education, and practice
Health professions include: biomedical analysis, health promotion, and prevention, medicine, midwives, nursing, nutritional counseling, occupational therapy, radiology, orthoptics, speech therapy.
Contributions can come from other disciplines related to healthcare, such as social work, psychology, sociology, law, economics, etc.
The IJHP primarily targets health professionals in research, teaching, and practice in the German-speaking area. The long-term plan is for the publication to become a scientific journal for an international specialist audience. The IJHP is seeking inclusion in the Web of Science and in Medline / PubMed.